Sunday, October 16, 2011

Grandma

My mom is the strongest woman I know! She had reconstructive surgery done on Thursday-the entire procedure lasted over 13 hours and was much more involved than the doctors first thought due to damage from the radiation. She is still in the hospital recovering and is slowly making progress. We saw her yesterday and today-thank goodness my sisters can be with her more than I can. We will be taking turns staying with her once she comes home, which should be within the next few days. I just can't believe all that she is going through. She is so amazing. Family is everything.

Owen has had another round of his stomach virus, but seems to be doing a little bit better. We came home from seeing Grandma and took naps. Abbey came out of her room to tell us that she didn't feel well and then threw up all over the floor. Oh my, it will be quite a start to the week!

Dancing Kids-




No comments:

Abbey has a blog!

After some pressure (you know who you are!) Mark and Beth have created a blog for Abbey. It's hard to believe that she is almost 13 months old by now and how fast this last year has gone. Abbey is taking many steps at a time these days along with her crawling. Her words include da-da, uh-oh, hi, hi charlie, and possibly thank you....notice that ma-ma isn't included in her list yet! I don't take it personally-I get all of the hugs and kisses a mommy could ask for from this sweet baby. Being a teacher is awesome because I'm able to get a taste of being a stay at home mom in the summer. Abbey loves to play with her toys and dog Charlie, tear things apart, pull on the toilet paper roll, climb anything she can get her little hands and feet on, push her shopping cart, go into the pantry, among other fun games:) We adore her and will try to add to this blog weekly to share her with you!

6-24-07

6-24-07

6-21-08

6-21-08

Big Girl!

Big Girl!