Monday, September 9, 2013

Ironman 2013

Madison, Wisconsin

 We drove to WI on Friday morning so that Mark could check in. We did some swimming and then relaxed at the hotel. Saturday morning Mark needed to check in his gear, so I took the kids to the Madison Zoo:






 Pre Race Dinner with some of Team Parson:
 Race Day!
The swim started at 7 am with a mass start and 2.2 miles. The bike was 112 miles and then a 26.2 mile run. Most of the pictures are on our camera and I need to go through them, but here are a few from my phone or ones that were emailed to me:

 
5:00-Mark leaving for the race
 
6:15- We leave on the hotel shuttle to get to the start
 

 

7:00-swim start
 
Tom surprised Mark and came to see him race!





 







IRONMAN FINISHER!!!
 
 
 



 


 
 
 

No comments:

Abbey has a blog!

After some pressure (you know who you are!) Mark and Beth have created a blog for Abbey. It's hard to believe that she is almost 13 months old by now and how fast this last year has gone. Abbey is taking many steps at a time these days along with her crawling. Her words include da-da, uh-oh, hi, hi charlie, and possibly thank you....notice that ma-ma isn't included in her list yet! I don't take it personally-I get all of the hugs and kisses a mommy could ask for from this sweet baby. Being a teacher is awesome because I'm able to get a taste of being a stay at home mom in the summer. Abbey loves to play with her toys and dog Charlie, tear things apart, pull on the toilet paper roll, climb anything she can get her little hands and feet on, push her shopping cart, go into the pantry, among other fun games:) We adore her and will try to add to this blog weekly to share her with you!

6-24-07

6-24-07

6-21-08

6-21-08

Big Girl!

Big Girl!