Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Ironman Racine 70.3


Mark has been training like crazy for the Ironman Racine 70.3-it's a 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, and 13.1 mile run. Knowing that this race would take him at least 6 hours to complete, we decided that I would stay home with the kids. Mark left for racine Saturday morning to get all of his race items in order.


 Abbey and I drove up Sunday morning to surprise Mark at the race!
 Lisa and Alli flew in from Florida-
We had a great time cheering Mark on and then playing on the beach. It was super HOT-near 100 degrees. The racers had a tough battle.

Bike transition-



Heading out to start the run-

Approaching the Finish Line-
Mark finished in about  6 hrs 40 min! WOW!

Mark and Tim-

Congratulations to Mark! I know he really appreciated all of the supporters-those at the race and at home.

No comments:

Abbey has a blog!

After some pressure (you know who you are!) Mark and Beth have created a blog for Abbey. It's hard to believe that she is almost 13 months old by now and how fast this last year has gone. Abbey is taking many steps at a time these days along with her crawling. Her words include da-da, uh-oh, hi, hi charlie, and possibly thank you....notice that ma-ma isn't included in her list yet! I don't take it personally-I get all of the hugs and kisses a mommy could ask for from this sweet baby. Being a teacher is awesome because I'm able to get a taste of being a stay at home mom in the summer. Abbey loves to play with her toys and dog Charlie, tear things apart, pull on the toilet paper roll, climb anything she can get her little hands and feet on, push her shopping cart, go into the pantry, among other fun games:) We adore her and will try to add to this blog weekly to share her with you!

6-24-07

6-24-07

6-21-08

6-21-08

Big Girl!

Big Girl!