Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day Weekend

Mark and I kicked off the weekend with the Warrior Dash. This is a 5k race with 14 obstacles along the way. The obstacles include crawling under barbed wire, climbing ropes, jumping over fire, sliding into mud, and so on. I was really nervous, but it turned out to be a lot of fun!

Before the race-

After the race-


Mark worked later that night, so I was off to Great-Grandma's house with the kids for a swim. The kids had a great time!


Abbey is getting very brave-

On Father's Day we stayed home and spent a nice day together riding bikes, running through the sprinkler, and playing with the slip and slide. Mark grilled out chicken and lobster. The kids and I made an ice cream cake with lactose free ice cream so Owen could have some too....the decorating of the cake got a little out of control!






No comments:

Abbey has a blog!

After some pressure (you know who you are!) Mark and Beth have created a blog for Abbey. It's hard to believe that she is almost 13 months old by now and how fast this last year has gone. Abbey is taking many steps at a time these days along with her crawling. Her words include da-da, uh-oh, hi, hi charlie, and possibly thank you....notice that ma-ma isn't included in her list yet! I don't take it personally-I get all of the hugs and kisses a mommy could ask for from this sweet baby. Being a teacher is awesome because I'm able to get a taste of being a stay at home mom in the summer. Abbey loves to play with her toys and dog Charlie, tear things apart, pull on the toilet paper roll, climb anything she can get her little hands and feet on, push her shopping cart, go into the pantry, among other fun games:) We adore her and will try to add to this blog weekly to share her with you!

6-24-07

6-24-07

6-21-08

6-21-08

Big Girl!

Big Girl!