Monday, September 26, 2011

Fun Run

Abbey and I participated in a Fun Run for the Homewood School District on Sunday morning with Grandma. I ran the 5k in 29 minutes and Grandma spur of the moment took Jenny's spot in the race because Jen had a sore knee. Grandma did awesome! It was her first race :)

 While Grandma and I did the adult race, Jenny spent the time with Abbey. They had lots of activities for the kids-sack races, face painting, lemonade stand, etc. Grandpa and Great-Grandma came out to support everyone too.
 Abbey's turn to race the 153 yard dash! She was in a group of 3 and 4 year olds.

 Each participant was greeted with a giant popsicle at the finish line!
 Daddy and Owen had to stay home from the race because we found out Saturday morning Owen has a double ear infection with the right side ruptured. Seriously??? Week 3 of Owen being sick! Luckily, he is feeling better....and loves to scare people-see below:

No comments:

Abbey has a blog!

After some pressure (you know who you are!) Mark and Beth have created a blog for Abbey. It's hard to believe that she is almost 13 months old by now and how fast this last year has gone. Abbey is taking many steps at a time these days along with her crawling. Her words include da-da, uh-oh, hi, hi charlie, and possibly thank you....notice that ma-ma isn't included in her list yet! I don't take it personally-I get all of the hugs and kisses a mommy could ask for from this sweet baby. Being a teacher is awesome because I'm able to get a taste of being a stay at home mom in the summer. Abbey loves to play with her toys and dog Charlie, tear things apart, pull on the toilet paper roll, climb anything she can get her little hands and feet on, push her shopping cart, go into the pantry, among other fun games:) We adore her and will try to add to this blog weekly to share her with you!

6-24-07

6-24-07

6-21-08

6-21-08

Big Girl!

Big Girl!