Thursday, December 24, 2009

Poor Baby

We took Owen to his first doctor visit on Monday afternoon, only to be called that evening to go into the hospital due to high levels of jaundice. He had another blood test once we were admitted and the levels were extremely high. He then got his IV and was placed under lights until this afternoon when his levels were finally low enough for us to go home. I had a really hard time with all of this, especially since I'm still recovering from the delivery and had to be away from Abbey again. No one should have to witness their newborn getting blood tests and so on. But, Owen and I had some good bonding time in the hospital. He was so sweet the entire time we were there. Mark divided his time between days at the hospital and nights with Abbey. We are beyond thrilled to be home for Christmas with two healthy kids! Merry Christmas to all!



No comments:

Abbey has a blog!

After some pressure (you know who you are!) Mark and Beth have created a blog for Abbey. It's hard to believe that she is almost 13 months old by now and how fast this last year has gone. Abbey is taking many steps at a time these days along with her crawling. Her words include da-da, uh-oh, hi, hi charlie, and possibly thank you....notice that ma-ma isn't included in her list yet! I don't take it personally-I get all of the hugs and kisses a mommy could ask for from this sweet baby. Being a teacher is awesome because I'm able to get a taste of being a stay at home mom in the summer. Abbey loves to play with her toys and dog Charlie, tear things apart, pull on the toilet paper roll, climb anything she can get her little hands and feet on, push her shopping cart, go into the pantry, among other fun games:) We adore her and will try to add to this blog weekly to share her with you!

6-24-07

6-24-07

6-21-08

6-21-08

Big Girl!

Big Girl!