Monday, September 14, 2009

Update



Abbey is doing really well, although she's still getting over a bad cough. She LOVES school and it can be quite challenging to get her to leave. She still has some potty issues at school and has been having some accidents there, but we're hoping she'll eventually just give in and stop trying to hold it all day long. She comes home singing songs and talking about the other kids a lot. Last night she told me that a little boy pushes people and when I asked her what Abbey does she said "Abbey shares." Well, at least she knows the right thing to say :) As you can see from our family picture, taken on my mom's birthday, my belly isn't exactly getting any smaller these days.
The baby is starting to move a lot more, which is exciting and somewhat uncomfortable all at the same time. I saw the doctor last week and she said the new due date is Christmas Eve....we'll see.

1 comment:

Trent and Karen said...

Maybe I missed a former post--but, I didn't know you were expecting! Congratulations! Do you know what you're having yet? Due date of Christmas eve, huh? That can be kind of fun. I know all about holiday babies. Cory's birthday falls on Thanksgiving every few years (Nov. 24), Hailey's birthday is New Years Eve (and much too close to Christmas for my taste!), and Sophie was born a few days before Valentine's Day.

Hope all is going well!

Karen

Abbey has a blog!

After some pressure (you know who you are!) Mark and Beth have created a blog for Abbey. It's hard to believe that she is almost 13 months old by now and how fast this last year has gone. Abbey is taking many steps at a time these days along with her crawling. Her words include da-da, uh-oh, hi, hi charlie, and possibly thank you....notice that ma-ma isn't included in her list yet! I don't take it personally-I get all of the hugs and kisses a mommy could ask for from this sweet baby. Being a teacher is awesome because I'm able to get a taste of being a stay at home mom in the summer. Abbey loves to play with her toys and dog Charlie, tear things apart, pull on the toilet paper roll, climb anything she can get her little hands and feet on, push her shopping cart, go into the pantry, among other fun games:) We adore her and will try to add to this blog weekly to share her with you!

6-24-07

6-24-07

6-21-08

6-21-08

Big Girl!

Big Girl!