Monday, August 10, 2009

School

Abbey started a preschool/daycare today that she will attend 3 days a week. She will go to our usual sitter for the other two days while I'm back at work. We visited the school last week to make sure she knew it was a safe place and she loved it. This morning she was excited to get there until I told her I was leaving, which caused huge tears. I held my own tears in until I got back to the car....cried all the way to work and then some. I called to check on her an hour later and was told that she had calmed down and was playing before I had even left the parking lot. So, I officially cried more than Abbey about school! When I picked her up from school she was very happy and excited to show me around and said that she had fun-and there were no potty accidents :)

No comments:

Abbey has a blog!

After some pressure (you know who you are!) Mark and Beth have created a blog for Abbey. It's hard to believe that she is almost 13 months old by now and how fast this last year has gone. Abbey is taking many steps at a time these days along with her crawling. Her words include da-da, uh-oh, hi, hi charlie, and possibly thank you....notice that ma-ma isn't included in her list yet! I don't take it personally-I get all of the hugs and kisses a mommy could ask for from this sweet baby. Being a teacher is awesome because I'm able to get a taste of being a stay at home mom in the summer. Abbey loves to play with her toys and dog Charlie, tear things apart, pull on the toilet paper roll, climb anything she can get her little hands and feet on, push her shopping cart, go into the pantry, among other fun games:) We adore her and will try to add to this blog weekly to share her with you!

6-24-07

6-24-07

6-21-08

6-21-08

Big Girl!

Big Girl!