Abbey took her first trip to Brookfield Zoo on Friday. We had a great day! Abbey pet and brushed some goats in the children's zoo. She also saw many other animals during the day. The weather was really nice and Abbey loved everything about the zoo....with the exception of riding in the stroller. You'll notice that in nearly every picture she is wearing a backpack with a leash. Before I had Abbey, I always thought the leash idea was ridiculous. Let me tell you-that leash made the zoo much more enjoyable!


Abbey is petting a guinea pig.

Saturday, April 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Abbey has a blog!
After some pressure (you know who you are!) Mark and Beth have created a blog for Abbey. It's hard to believe that she is almost 13 months old by now and how fast this last year has gone. Abbey is taking many steps at a time these days along with her crawling. Her words include da-da, uh-oh, hi, hi charlie, and possibly thank you....notice that ma-ma isn't included in her list yet! I don't take it personally-I get all of the hugs and kisses a mommy could ask for from this sweet baby. Being a teacher is awesome because I'm able to get a taste of being a stay at home mom in the summer. Abbey loves to play with her toys and dog Charlie, tear things apart, pull on the toilet paper roll, climb anything she can get her little hands and feet on, push her shopping cart, go into the pantry, among other fun games:) We adore her and will try to add to this blog weekly to share her with you!
1 comment:
Beth,
You and your daughter are so cute!! Seriously, you don't look a day older than in high school. But of course, you look more sophisticated. :-)
If I ever visit Illinois--which we'd really like to do someday, how fun would it be to visit you!!
Cute stuff...
Post a Comment